Monday, January 7, 2013

360 x 179 Degree Rotating 3D Instruments

I had developed 3D models of my instrumentsl which would rotate through 360 degrees around a vertical axis. I had kept them at the following address. But I removed the website because they started putting ads which were not to my taste, and I could not stop them because it was a free web site.
http://svp.coolpage.biz/Instruments/Instruments.html
But I was not very happy. I wanted my students and other viewers to be able to see the instruments from sides, up and down, i.e. I wanted them to rotate through 360 degrees in all possible axes. It comes to 360 x (180-1) i.e. 360 x 179 or 64440 axes. I developed these three 3D models using CAD software. But I could not get them to be seen in a web browser. I looked for some solution on the net and found none that would work without a plugin for the web browser. I finally asked my son, who is a computer engineer and game programmer to see if he could help me out. He said he could and he did it in less than a week. He did a very good job of it. Now you can look at these 3D instruments in Obstetrics and Gynecology from any angle you desire, and rotate, enlarge and move them around to your heart's content. You have to use the left mouse button to rotate them, and the scroll wheel to enlarge them (zoom in and out). You have to select the models from a drop down list and click on the >>> button to load them.
I will say it is a remarkable piece of coding. You can view these models at his website at the following address.
http://demos.wirywolf.com/viewer/
Now I have developed 3D models that can be viewed in any WebGL enabled browser. They can be viewed at the following link.

My 3D Instruments

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क