Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Such Innocence

She was a small and thin woman, barely 40 years old. She looked poor and unwell.
"Sir, she has a vaginal vault prolapse following an abdominal hysterectomy" I was told.
"Why was the uterus removed?" I asked her.
"I had fibroids" she said simply.
"How much time after the operation did this new condition develop?" I asked her.
"A couple of years" she said.
"How did it happen?" I asked her. "Do you lift heavy weights? Do you have chronic cough or constipation?"
"No" she said, "when my husband died, I cried a lot. Those screams probably broke my stitches and this thing developed."
"Ah!" I said. I had a lump in my throat and could not speak anything for quite some time. The poor woman had no husband, probably no resources to look after herself, had a condition that would require major surgery, and was so innocent that she believed that her heart rendering cries had broken the stitches in the vaginal vault making it prolapse out. I could not console her because she did not want any consolation. I was glad that I could at least cure her illness and let her move on.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क