Friday, January 4, 2013

Scrub Suit Solution

People want to appear great in the eyes of others. It is no wonder that may surgeons and some other personnel in operation theaters go around outside the operation theaters in their scrub suits. The visitors look at them in awe. That is OK. But moving about in the hospital corridors makes the scrub suits pick up germs, which are carried back to the operation rooms. That is likely to increase the risk of surgical wound infection. I have little control on my own people when I am not watching, and no control on people in other departments. I should care for patients in other departments too, for two reasons. One is that they are human beings just like my own patients. The other reason is that germs that cause disease in the hospitals are resistant to antibiotics, and they spread in the hospital. So even if they develop in other departments, they affect my patients too.
All my efforts at education of these wanderers in scrub suits have failed. In fact, one  erstwhile Big-Boss in the institute also used to go to OT from office wearing a scrub suit, right across the campus. That must have set a terrific example! Now I have come up with a solution, which may not be acceptable to the users and the administration for different reasons. I see no harm in proposing it anyway. The idea is to make scrub suits in colors as shown below, pink for males and fluorescent yellow for women.
For administrators, it may not be easy to get cloth of such colors and get the users to use the scrub suits made with it. The users will not want to use these because they will hate those colors. If the administrators read my post and implement the idea, all the users will hate me too. Well that is life.


प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क