Friday, January 18, 2013

Retrovisionary Walkers

I wrote a fun book entitled "WALKING STYLES (Your Survival Manual to...)", which was published by
Krimiga Books. I just googled it to see if it was on the net. It was. Amazon is selling it. I thought of it because I felt I had not included one walking style in it. I call this style 'retrovisionary walking'. It goes like this.
You are walking along using standard technique - walking in as straight line as possible, amintaining whatever speed you have, watching where you go, maintaining lane discipline, and then suddenly out of an adjacent open doorway walks out a person who is walking towards you and looking backwards to the direction of your walk. A collision is inevitable, unless you scramble to avoid it. We have some such walkers in our department.
I was walking along the corridor between wards towards my office. One woman resident doctor walked out of an adjacent ward, turned and started walking towards me, all the while craning her neck to see something in the opposite direction, i.e. where I was headed. I tried to dodge her. My reflexes are OK, but she was fast. I managed to avoid a collision, thank God, or she would have floored me, what with me moving towards old age and she being three inches taller than me and weighing quite a bit more than I do. But she managed to hit me with her swinging arm. When she realized whom she had hit, she mumbled "sorry, Sir." "I wish you would look in the direction you are headed" I said. "Yes, Sir" she said, and I knew she would repeat performance at the next opportunity or the next one, no matter what she promised me. I only hope I won't be the victim again.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क