Saturday, June 14, 2014

Reason To Occupy The Top Spot

"I am thinking of giving up my top spot in the organization" a CEO of one public sector organization told me as a friend.
"Why" I asked.
"It is too much headache. Too much pressure to do wrong things. Too much internal politics. Too much external political intervention. Bosses ignore you even when you are right, and you cannot do anything about it. They take away your resources and you cannot even complain much."
"I understand" I said. "It is one reason I never thought of such a position for myself. I remained happy with Head of Department's position. But you seem to manage things well. You should not give up."
"Why should I continue if it troubles my conscience?"
"For one thing, it will make you think you were defeated by those people who trouble you" I said. "The other, and more important reason is that if you give up, some idXXt* will occupy that position and ruin everything, and trouble you too."
"Huh?" this seemed to be a new thought to the CEO.
"Yes. I have seen some capable CEOs. I have also seen what many other CEOs were capable of. You should continue to keep doing whatever good work you can, keeping away idXXts* from that position."
I hope that CEO takes my advice and stays put for the sake of the organization and the people it serves.
(Note: * read vowels in places of X).

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क