Friday, June 6, 2014

Unique Reason For Divorce

History repeats itself.
There was a patient referred to a hospital by a court for an examination by a gynecologist. It was a case for divorce, in which the husband had claimed that the wife did not have normal external sex organs. The court wanted a gynecologist to examine and state if that was true. That was not true, as was found out by local gynecologist. I wondered how any lawyer would advise a client to seek a divorce on these false grounds, which can be verified easily by a gynecologist. Or perhaps the husband stuck to his claim and the lawyer represented him, just as he/she would represent any client, outcome not guaranteed.
That reminded me of a case that had been referred for the same reason thirty one years ago, when I was a Resident Doctor. It came for hearing when I had become a Lecturer. I stated that the wife was normal. The husband's lawyer said "I charge that you have colluded with the defendant". I put on a bored expression and looked at the clouds in the distance through a window. The judge got irritated by the lawyer and asked me if that was true. I politely said that it was not true. The court seemed to accept my statement about my findings.
I wonder if the human race is evolving, or we are stuck where we were thirty one years ago.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क