Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Arrogance Par Excellence: II

I have explained about the types of arrogant people in my previous article. In case you have missed it, you may read it at
http://shashankparulekar.blogspot.in/2012/03/arrogance-par-excellence-i.html
Today we are going to see two examples. The first one is a Professor who wanted to enter the Rest Room (which uncultured people call toilet, some cultured people claim) for private business. I happened to be inside, with the door closed. I was suddenly shaken by a loud shaking of the door. It appeared that the door would come off its hinges. I finished my work as fast as I could and exited, only to find this professor standing there is all her majestic glory, with a frown to indicate displeasure at anyone who dared not anticipate that she would need the facility and keep it available for her.
"I had a feeling it would be you" I said, respecting the Professor physique. Such arrogance, I thought. Perhaps she did not realize that one could not hurry someone inside a rest room. Perhaps she did not realize that in front of God and inside a toilet all are equal.
The other story is about an Associate Professor. This person makes statements like 'even I could not do it" when she really should be saying "I could not do it". I trust you have caught the difference. That day I was in the operation theater's changing room, changing from street clothes into OT clothes. Suddenly the door shook violently, with a loud order 'come on out!' The voice was recognizable. It was my OT and she had no apparent reason for being there, and none for such behavior. When I exited, she looked at me and murmured a grudging apology - words only, no feelings type. Such arrogance, I thought. She could not even think that there could be someone superior (and senior) to her in the changing room. She also did not realize that in front of God and inside a changing room all are equal.
I trust you have put both of them in category 4, unless you want to create a new category, possibly great and arrogant.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क