Saturday, March 17, 2012

Me Chameleon?

"Doctor, my patient is in your ward. What is wrong with her?"
The fellow caught me outside the labor ward and asked me this question.
"What is her name?" I asked. "Is she my patient."
"Yes, she is your patient" he said and told me her name.

When he told me the name, my Registrar told me she was registered with another professor.
I was surprised that he should mistake me for the other professor, and was hurt a little because I was proud of my appearance and did not like being mistaken for that professor:-)
"Your doctor is YYYY" I told the relative of that patient and after moving on a bit, asked my Assistant Professor "Do I look like professor YYYY?"
"NO SIR!" he said. "I was surprised why he thought you were him." That assured me.
The same evening, a woman stopped me outside the office when I was leaving for the day and asked me about her relative in the antenatal ward.
"Is she my patient?" I asked.
"Yes" she said.
"See me tomorrow in the ward at 9:00 A.M." I said.

When we were leaving the ward the day after that, she stopped me and asked me the same question again. When I asked my Registrar which patient she was talking about, she told me this patient was registered under professor XXXXX."
I was upset, because this woman had mistaken me for a woman professor, despite my moustache, and me being fair :-) and weighing 50 kilograms less than that professor. I guided the woman to the right person and then asked my Assistant Professor, "how could she mistake me for that professor" looking down at my flat stomach with a wondrous look on my face. They liked that one and laughed heartily.
I think I have been made into a chameleon without my knowledge.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क