Saturday, June 1, 2013

My First Javascript Puzzle

I like solving puzzles. It is fun. It also prevents Alzheimer's disease by maintaining new brain activity. I also like using software to make things easier. All this prompted me to make a puzzle for the internet. It looks like this.

It has eight monkeys sitting on wrong stools. The player has to move them to their own stools only along designated pathways. What I have done here that no puzzle website does is permit the player to move the monkeys by dragging with the left mouse button. Images cannot be normally moved on web pages. But in this puzzle they can. It saves the hassle of drawing the puzzle on a piece of paper and putting cut out numbered monkeys there to move them. If one wants to reset the puzzle, one just has to press F5. I used Javascript code for this - very useful stuff, this Javascript. If you want to solve this puzzle online, just click on the image above.
I plan to use this image moving technique in medical education. Just imagine moving parts of an image on screen while teaching students,  or giving them a quiz in which they have to move labels to different parts of an image. The possibilities are endless.



प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क