Sunday, June 16, 2013

PowerPoint For Solving Puzzles

Microsoft Corporation ships PowerPoint as a presentation software. It is used as a presentation software by everyone who uses it. I had introduced a new use - an interactive educational software - some time ago. Here is another new use.
It is agreed that puzzle-solving keeps the brain active and delays onset of Alzheimer's disease. I had written about my Javascript puzzles, developed for my happiness of creation, but also for this purpose. But coding takes time and energy. I thought I should have a simpler method of solving puzzles that involve sliding or jumping pieces. Using coins or caps of tubes is useful, but inconvenient. They tend to fall, get misplaced, and writing down the solution after solving the puzzle becomes quite a bother. Then I had this idea of using PowerPoint for this purpose. I don't think a lot of people believe so, but PowerPoint's draw component is a great vector graphics program. I use it as follows.

1. I start with a blank slide.
2. I draw the background of the puzzle using the drawing tools of PowerPoint.
3. I draw the coins or objects (monkeys in the following example) and place them wherever they have to be.
4. I move the pieces as per the rules of the puzzle.
5. When the puzzle is solved, I capture the end result on screen with a screen capture program.
6. I undo my all preceding moves one by one, and take screenshots of all of the steps involved.
7. I place the captured images in sequence in Paint, number them, and take a screenshot.
8. I place that graphic as the solution of that puzzle in my 'puzzles' document.
Not only is this method convenient, but quite sleek too.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क