Thursday, June 20, 2013

Puritanity, Chastity and What Not

"He does not permit his resident doctors to get married."
 I heard that one during one of our meetings attended by heads of different departments. They were discussing some matter outside the agenda - or in simple English gossiping. It was a small group and I could not help overhearing.
"Who?"
"Dr. XXXXXXX" (the crosses are in place of the real name, to maintain privacy of that person). "He is head of a unit."
"Professor?"
"No. Junior."
"He does not permit residents to marry one another?"
"He does not permit residents to marry anyone - period."
"But they have their rights. how can he do that?"
"He shouts at them. He terrorizes them. He does not permit the boys to go see girls."
I was aghast. "When there is a girl, a boy automatically looks at her" I said incredulously. "It is a sort of reflex. How does he stop reflex behavior?"
"He is seen and heard shouting at the canteen fellow too, everyday!" that was not an answer to my question. There was probably no answer to it.
"Because the canteen fellow looks at girls?"
"No. Other reasons."
"Yes" I said. "I remember him shouting at me too, in presence of a few department heads. It was quite irrational, unprovoked, and unwarranted. I did not respond because I thought there was some underlying psychiatric disturbance and things would get ugly. It looked like he would get a stroke if his shouting continued any further. I would have got a stroke myself if I had started a shouting contest with him. You say he does that everyday, with multiple people?"
"YES."
"Something must be wrong with all those people if a chaste and puritan person shouts at all of them, day in and day out."
They did not seem to believe that. He must have shouted at some of them too.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क