Monday, December 9, 2013

Opportunistic Marketing

It was Saturday afternoon. I had been working and got late. I packed up my things, and left. As I was locking my door, two medical sales guys came from inside the department, having met whomever they wanted to meet, or having missed that person because it was Saturday afternoon. As I turned to go, they fell into step with me and one of them started,
"Doctor, we are from GSK."
"Oh, hello" I said, maintaining my pace. They kept up with me.
"Please prescribe our three products ...."
"I am on my way home. Surely I will not prescribe any medicines to anyone from my home" I said, interrupting him.
"One of the products important to us is ..." he kept up, ignoring my interruption. He must believe perseverance would achieve sales.
"This is called opportunistic marketing" I said. "Like we have a saying in Marathi - देखल्या देवा दंडवत", which means one offers a brief prayer to God when he come across a temple on his way somewhere, not while visiting the temple for offering a prayer."
They seemed to know what the saying in Marathi meant, and its analogy to the current situation.
"Doctor, your door was closed. So we thought you were busy" he said by way of an explanation.
"I was indeed busy" I said "and now I am going home. Bye bye."
I increased by speed, and this time they did not try to keep up. They seemed to know when to give up.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क