Friday, December 27, 2013

VLC Logo Fun

VLC is my favorite media player. It plays virtually all media files, is robust, fast, permits muting or adjusting volume with keyboard, permits taking snapshots, and is totally free. A couple of days ago I noticed that its logo on the user interface (without any media file loaded) had a Santa cap above the usual traffic cone. I did a Google search and found out that it was an Easter egg, which changes the usual logo to one with Santa cap between December 18, one week before Christmas, and January 1. I decided to confirm that, but did not want to wait till January 1. I also wanted to see if they were changing it online accessing my computer or it was built in (an Easter egg). I did not want to turn off the internet connection. So I launched VLC player and reduced its window in size so that it occupied 40% of the screen. Then I changed the system date to December 3 and launched another instance of VLC player. It showed the logo in the old form. So it was indeed an Easter egg, functional between the dates mentioned above. I placed the two windows near each other, so that my readers can appreciate what I am saying.

Cool, huh?

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क