Thursday, August 1, 2013

Impossible Situation

A young woman came to our outpatient clinic.
"Doctor, I think I may be pregnant" she said. "I performed a urine pregnancy test at home. But I am not sure of the result."
"What makes you think so?" I asked.
"There was one distinct line, and one faint line." she said and showed me the strip.
"It has two distinct lines" I said looking at the strip. "When did the faint line become distinct?"
"I don't know. May be I did it wrong."
I checked her up. The pregnancy was too early to detect by clinical examination.
"OK, we will perform the test again" I said. We got another pregnancy test kit, performed the test and asked her to wait. In the meantime another patient came for a similar complaint.
"Please get the test kit and come back" I told her. "We will perform the test."
She went away. After sometime she came back, with a test performed. It was a mess. Instead of three drops of urine, there was a flood of urine on the strip.
"Did you do the test yourself?" I asked her.
"No. The person in the lab gave me the kit and asked me to get it done by personnel here."
"Show me who did it" I said. She took me to the waiting area and showed me who had done it. It was our first patient. I was incredulous.
"Did you perform the test for this patient?" I asked her.
"Yes" she said. "She said she did not know how, so I did it for her."
Every time I believe I have seen it all, along comes someone who proves me wrong, and how!

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क