Monday, August 5, 2013

One Fetus Per Week

The sonologists had a busy time.
"Sir, this patient has undergone an ultrasonic scan three weeks ago. There was a single intrauterine fetus 5 weeks old" I was told.
"OK" I said. I sensed there was more, but could not guess what it was.
"They could not see the fetal pole that time. So they performed another scan after a week. That time they found two fetuses in the uterine cavity."
"Huh?"
"Yes, sir. Then they asked the patient to undergo another scan another week later, just to confirm which of the two sonologists was right. They took some time, argued a bit. The final verdict was three fetuses in the uterine cavity."
I was stunned. I had not known fetuses could multiply so late, and that too serially. :-)
"Now what?" I asked.
"Not the patient has refused to undergo another scan at the hands of those people. She thinks their technique or their machine or both together are causing her fetuses to multiply."
"In her place anybody would be scared. This must be the first case in the world literature. Why don't we publish it in a scientific journal?"
They had worked with me long enough to know when I said something that actually meant the opposite. They just grinned.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क