Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waste Disposal: A Cat's Take

Though our hospital is meant for humans, it is flexible and it permits cats and dogs to roam its insides freely. Well, perhaps not so freely. I have not seen any in the intensive care units and operation theaters. But the rest of the areas seem open to them. Sometimes fun things happen with them around. One day I saw a toddler stalking a kitten just outside the postpartum sterilization ward. When I finished seeing patients in that ward and was going out, I found he had managed to catch the kitten by its tail, and lifted it in the air by the tail. The parent of the toddler rescued the kitten before catastrophe occurred.
I found the same kitten grown into a cat, sleeping in a wash basin that had been defunct for quite some time.


It was sleeping on a black bag that is meant to be used for disposal of household waste. Someone working in the ward had put the bag there so that the patients would not use the basin. When we reached the patient next to the basin, the cat woke up and looked at us with curiosity.


It decided we were harmless. It probably also decided to put on its cute expression for us.


I was impressed not so much by its expression, as much by its choice of the waste disposal bag. It knew sleeping on a red bag or a yellow bag would lead it to incineration. The black one was safe.
I thank our Associate Professor who took these snaps for me.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क