Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stroking Self

"The Boss was stroking herself" a Professor reported.
I thought I had heard it wrong. A vision of a Kadak Laksmi (कडक लक्ष्मी, from Indian mythology) flashed before my eyes. The vision was something like this.

Then I thought the Professor meant something else. Perhaps it was 'giving herself strokes?'
"What do you mean?" I asked, worried I would hear the unthinkable.
"I had gone to meet the Boss on a matter of some importance. One thing led to another, and the Boss started talking about self. In the story I heard, the following lines were said. "I am very focused."; "My priorities are quite right. I know exactly what must be done."; "I am not influenced by anyone."; and some more in the same theme."
So it was psychological strokes, like one strokes a cat. I had read about it in transactional analysis.
"Why would the Boss do that?" I asked.
"Well, everyone wants strokes. If no one else would give them, one has to give them to oneself" came the answer with a grin.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क