Monday, June 20, 2011

Doctor's Coat

We like to follow standard practice of wearing doctors' coats (what are popularly known as Doctors' Aprons) while working in the hospital. The practice is sound for many reasons. The security guys know who are doctors, so that they can stop others from unauthorized entry into restricted areas. (That they don't stop others is besides the point.) The patients know who are doctors so that they can ask for help when needed. The doctors look like disciplined doctors, which could be reassuring to some patients. I was taking the morning round of all of my wards. I suddenly noticed a youngish guy sitting in the emergency room in street clothes. I stopped in my tracks, went into the room and asked him who he was. "I am an intern" he said. "Why are you not wearing your apron?" I asked him. "Where is it?" "Our Assistant Professor is wearing it" he said. So I turned towards my Assistant Professor and looked at him questioningly. "Sir, my apron is in the duty room. I borrowed his apron so that I could go on the ward round with you." "But now that he does not have an apron, he becomes vulnerable to disciplinary action" I said. "Your action puts him at risk, and that is not fair. Please return his apron." The apron was duly returned, and the Assistant Professor continued the round without an apron. "Our staff room has a wonderful teak wood stand for hanging clothes and aprons" I informed him after the ward round. I wish you use the staff room and the antique clothes stand in it." "Yes sir" he said. I wonder what all purposes the interns serve, besides doing their allotted work.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क