Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trash Fit for a Gutter?

I was on my way home from work. I had to get down for some work on the way. Before I could resume my commute again, I saw something that made me break my normal policy of minding my own business and keeping quiet even when upset. A man crumpled a sheet of paper, threw it on the mesh covering a roadside gutter and started pushing it into the gutter through the mesh using the heel of his footwear. "Hey, stop" I heard myself say. "Don't push the trash into the gutter." He stopped and looked at me. "The gutter gets clogged and the rainwater floods everywhere. The mesh is kept there so that only water goes into the gutter and the trash remains outside. Why are you forcing the trash through the mesh?" He picked up the ball of paper and held it in his hand. He did not say anything. I was surprised he did not start a fight. Many of my countrymen are so much aware of their rights like right to clutter, right to deface good things, and right to fight. "You have a bag. Why don't you take it home and throw it in your dustbin?" I asked. "It was to be thrown away before going home" he mumbled. So he was getting rid of a confidential paper. Since he did not have a paper shredder, he was putting it into the gutter. He did not throw it down again in front of me again. But I was not sure he wouldn't do that when I went away, or the next time he had a piece of paper to get rid of.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क