Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Wife in Every Port, and a Locker in Every Room

I have been having a weird time for some time now. I am aware there is nothing called weird time in English language, but that cannot be helped. What I have been facing is indeed weird. I have staff members who had storage facility at all possible places. They had their offices, with one or two cupboards, a table with a number of drawers, and sometimes filing cabinets. They had a locker or two in each OT. They had cupboards and lockers in wards. When the department had to be vacated for repair and renovation work, the amount of clutter that came out from their storage areas was phenomenal. Now that we are back to the original place, each one has a standard set of storage facilities. The office has a big cupboard, a table with three drawers, a huge wooden chest,a locker in the staff room or nearby ward. In order to overcome the space crunch, we decided to have service lockers in the OT. There would be six lockers, to be used by the unit operating in that OT on that day. Unfortunately the contractor placed lockers in OTs which he should have given to the wards. These were promptly taken over by the junk collectors. He also provided large lockers which cannot be placed in the OT due to lack of space. "We shall return these lockers" I said. "Let has keep them in the OT and use them" a leader of these people said. "Where is the space?" I asked. "We will think about that later. Let us just have them. They look good." I knew he had an eye for good looking girls and women. Now I learned he had an eye for good looking things too, whether he actually needed them or not. "Why? You have plenty of storage space in your office, and have a locker in the staff room" I said. "I need two lockers in each OT. One to keep my bag, and the other to keep my footwear." "Keep your footwear where it should be kept, on a rack. If you have to keep it in a locker, put it in a plastic bag and put it in the same locker." "I keep my important stuff like passport there." I was aghast. When I mentioned this to a friend, a Professor in another department, he laughed and said "ask him to get a locker in State Bank of India to put his valuable stuff like a passport there."

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क