Monday, June 27, 2011

Word Spacing

One of my friends called me yesterday. He is a retired engineer from IIT. He calls me for advice when he has any problems with his computer hardware or software. "How do I increase space between words in my MS Word documents? I want to have a certain number of words in each line." "It may be done, but the result may not be as you desire. Tell me why you want such a thing. If your words are small, there will be more words in a line. If they are big, there will be fewer words. You cannot go by the number of words." "I find it difficult to read my documents on the screen. The space between them seems so little that they appear to be in continuity." "I will call you when I get an answer to your question" I said. Then I booted my computer, launched MS word and opened a word file. There was no such tool in the tools offered by MS Word. So I needed to develop a method on my own. I experimented, and had a solution in a minute. I called him. "I have found a solution to your problem" I said. "That was fast" he said. "Let me open a word file. Then I will do what you tell me to do." "Select all text by clicking on Edit and then on 'Select all' in the drop down menu" I said when he had a word file open. "OK" he said. "Now click on 'Edit' and then on 'Replace' in the drop down menu" I said. "OK" he said. "No click once in the field in front of 'Find what' and press the space bar once. Then click once in the field in front of 'Replace with' and press the space bar twice. Then click on 'Replace all'. You have double space between words." "Yes!" he said happily. "If you want even more space, click thrice instead of twice in the 'Replace with' field." "OK" he said. "Thanks." "Any time" I said.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क